Gyan Yog Breath welcomes you to participate in their monthly 200 Hour Yoga TTC in Rishikesh, India. Rishikesh is the perfect location to complete a Yoga Alliance registered Yoga Teacher Training.
The World Capital of Yoga Rishikesh is divided into two parts by the Ganges River. Both sides are connected with two hanging bridges: Ram Jhula and Laxman Jhula. Here, life seems to be magical. The city is full of yogis, sadhus, monks, cows, monkeys and spiritual seekers.
Alcohol and meat are forbidden which contributes to the peaceful (shanti) vibration of the city.
Gyan Yog Breath Yoga School is located in Tapovan, the quietest and natural part of Rishikesh. The school provides a lively, safe and comfortable environment and lets you dive deep into the transformational journey of yoga.
The 200 Hour TTC in Rishikesh is for beginners to intermediates who have never completed a Yoga Teacher Training Course before.
A 25-Day Yoga TTC with Gyan Yog Breath covers all subjects of yoga from a foundational base to more advanced branches. During the 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training, you will learn how to practice and teach yoga asanas, give the right adjustments and develop confidence in your individual teaching style.
You should be practicing yoga at least 6 months prior course begin.
After successfully completing the 200 Hour TTC Program, you will receive a Yoga Alliance USA approved certificate. This certificate allows you to teach yoga internationally and obtain a career in yoga.
Classes are held six times a week from 6AM to 7PM. On Sundays, you are invited to join the following excursions:
- Local Market visits
- Yoga on the Beach & Riverbanks
- Visiting the Vashisth Cave
- 1-3 Hour Trekks to the waterfalls
Hatha Yoga is the foundation of all modern yoga forms. Ha means Sun and Tha means Moon. In Hatha Yoga, we aim to balance the left and right main nadis (energy channels) ida and pingala. Through asana and pranayama we can create that balance to awaken Shushummna Nadi, the central and main energy channel in our body. Hatha yoga works very quickly and effective on our physical, energetic and astral body. During your 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training, Hatha Yoga provides a great and strong foundation, with which you can teach multiple yoga forms later on. The Yoga TTC content will cover more than 100 traditional asanas (poses) with modifications, variations, and adjustments through props.
Here we have listed the first 70 Asanas that will be covered during the 200 Hour TTC:
- Parshvava Chakrasana – Sidebending Pose
- Tadasan A & B – Palm Tree Pose A & B
- Vrikshasan – Tree Pose
- Utkatasan – Chair Pose
- Trikonasan – Triangle Pose
- Padahastasan – Hands to Feet Pose
- Garudhasan – Eagle Pose
- Natarajasan – Shiva Dancing Pose
- Shirsha Padangushthasan – Head to Big Toe Pose
- Parivatrita Trikonasan – Reverse Triangle Pose
- Uttanpadasan – Raising Feet Pose
- Ardha Pavanmuktasan – Half Gas Release Pose
- Pavanmuktasan – Gas Release Pose
- Viprit Karani –
- Kandhrasan – Shoulder Pose
- Setubandhasan – Bridge Pose
- Matsyasan A – Fish Pose A
- Naukasan – Boat Pose
- Sarvangasan – Shoulder Stand
- Matsyasan B – Fish Pose B
- Salabhasan – Locust Pose
- Viprit Naukasan – Inverted Boat Pose
- Bhujangasan – Cobra Pose
- Dhanurasan – Bow Pose
- Vakrasan – Twisting Pose
- Janushirasan – Nose to Knee Pose
- Vajrasan – Strong/Thunderbolt Pose
- Mandukasan – Frog Pose
- Uttan Mandukasan – Raising Frog Pose
- Supta Mandukasan – Sleeping Frog Pose
- Ushtrasan – Camel Pose
- Yoga Mudra A
- Vadha Gomukhasan – Bound Cow Face Pose
- Supta Vajrasan – Sleeping Thunderbolt Pose
- Paschimottasan – Seated Forward Bend
- Simhasan – Lion Pose
- Ardhmatsyendrasan – Half Fish Lord Pose
- Shirshasan – Head Stand Pose
- Ardha Chandrasan – Half Moon Pose
- Majariasana – Cat and Cow Pose
- Uthitha Parsvakonasan – Extended Side Angle
- Parshvaottanasana – Intense Side Stretch
- Halasana – Plow Pose
- Chakrasana – Wheel Pose
- Karnpidhasan – Knee to Ear
- Crocodile Practices (4 Variations)
- Yoga Mudra B
- Gomukhasana – Cow Face Pose
- Poorna Matsyendrasana – Full Fish Lord Pose
- Mayurasana – Peacock
- Kukkutasana – Rooster Pose
- Uttana Kurmasana – Raising Tortoise Pose
- Padma – Bakasana – Lotus Crane Pose
- Baddha -padmasana – Bound Lotus Pose
- Akarnadhanurasana – Archer Pose
- Ugrasana – Ferocious Pose
- Parvatasana – Mountain Pose
- Tolangulasana – Scale Pose
- Virasana – Hero Pose
- Sankatasana – Comtracted Pose
- Garbhasana – Womb Pose
- Bhadrasana – Gracious Pose
- Kapotasana – Pigeon Pose
- Ekpadaskandhasna – Foot Behind the Head Pose
- Vatayanasana – Horse Pose
- Padmasana – Lotus Pose
- Siddhasana – Accomplished Pose
- Swastikasana – Prosperous Pose
- Shavasana – Corpse Pose
- Makarasana – Crocodile Pose
Ashtanga Yoga is very dynamic and modern form of Yoga. Ashtanga Yoga aims to connect quick movement with breath. Much attention is paid on mudras, bandhas and different breathing techniques such as Ujjayi.
This form of yoga increases the blood circulation, strength and stability. It detoxifies the body and tunes the internal organs.
During your 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training, you will cover a minimum of 45 poses during your third week including:
- Sun Salutations A,B
- Standing poses
- Sitting poses
- Spinal Twists
Pran means life force and ayama stands for expansion. Through the control of our breath, we can expand our life force and live a more peaceful and healthy life.
Pranayama purifies our body by cleansing the nadis (energy channels) and releasing accumulated toxins.
During your 200 Hour Yoga TTC in Rishikesh, you will be introduced to the following Pranayama Techniques:
- Anuloma Viloma, Nadi Shodhan
Shatkarma comes from the words Shat which means six and Karma which means action.
The six purification techniques of shatkarma remove disease from the body and improve concentration.
During your 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh, you will learn three out of six Shatkarmas:
- Jala Neti
- Sutra Neti
Meditation cannot be described in words. We cannot explain to you, what meditation means or feels like. Meditation can only be felt through personal experience. During your 200 hour Yoga TTC, you will learn different techniques to enter into meditation quickly.
Overall we can say that meditation brings us joy, clarity and self-confidence. It lets us recognize that we belong to something much bigger than just our body and mind.
POWER OF TRANSFORMATION
Power of Transformation is a breathing technique that was invented by Swami Bipin Gyan. It consists of 7 different breathing steps that increase body awareness. You breathe very intensely for three minutes and then sit quietly. In the moments of sitting silently, students experience a tingling and feeling of complete lightness. Power of Transformation breathing is a technique to enter into meditation quickly and easily.
During your 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh, you will learn about:
- The technique & Application
- Transformational Mantra Chanting
- Awareness Expansion
- Meditation Lecture
A big part of becoming a yoga intructor is understanding the philosophy behind it. Through the right theoretical understanding, one can easily dive even deeper into their own practise.
During your 200 Hour Yoga TTC in Rishikesh, you will learn the following aspects:
- Introduction to Indian Philosophy
- Concept of Yoga according to Patanjali
- Concept of God in Yoga Philosophy
- Yamas & Niyamas: Foundation of Yogic Practices
- Concept of Panch Vritti & Panch Klesha
- Kriya Yoga- A way to overcome inborn afflictions
- Ashtanga Yoga- A methodology to overcome suffering
- Introduction to Samkya Philosophy
YOGA ANATOMY & PHYSIOLOGY
Yoga Anatomy and Physiology provide you with an understanding of the internal body processes. In yoga, optimum health means that all body systems work in harmony together. Is one system weak or sick, the whole cycle is disturbed and cannot function properly anymore.
During your 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training, you will learn about the following body systems:
- Introduction to Anatomy and Physiology
- Digestive System
- Respiratory System
- Cardiovascular System
- Muscular System
- Sceletal System
During your 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training with Gyan Yog Breath, you will get the chance to practise Mantra Chanting as a part of the yoga tradition. Chanting lifts up the energy and purifies the body and mind. Through singing specific vibrational mantras , you will open your heart and balance your chakras. During your 200 Hour Yoga TTC, you will learn the following mantras:
- Pranava Japa
- Svasti Mantra
- Gayatri Mantra
For you as an aspiring yoga teacher, Teaching Methodology is an important part. During your 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training, you will learn how to:
- Structure a Class
- Create a suitable environment
- Modify your class according to your student’s injuries/physical condition
- Correct poses
- Expand your individual focus
- Learn through mistakes
- Apply the right techniques in different situations
EMOTIONAL BLOCKAGE TREATMENT
As we know, body and mind are closely connected. Repetitive negative thoughts in our mind manifest in our body as blockages causing weakness, impatience and disease. Through the emotional blockage treatment, body blockages are removed so the energy can flow at maximum again. This treatment is an OPTIONAL part of our 200-hour yoga teacher training course. Over the 25 days in your Yoga TTC, Swami-ji devotes his time and energy to bringing freedom and emotional release to each individual student. Everyone knows yoga isn’t just about the positions, but not everyone has the spiritual insight to unlock the inner life.
We carry around in our bodies the stress from modern life and trauma from our past. Swami-ji systematically applies pressure to areas of your body where these emotional blockages are locked. After some period of pain there comes complete release- and many people are surprised to see what comes bubbling up from their deep past. Swami-Ji doesn’t support temporary fixes or encourage dependency, so he’ll teach you body-awareness and breathing techniques to maintain your re-balanced freedom. You won’t find another yoga Teacher Training course in Rishikesh that offers such attention on emotional release. Here at Gyan Yog Breath it is understood that becoming a yoga teacher means more than only learning asana, pranayama, anatomy & philosophy.
The teaching approach of this course is rather practical than theoretical and demands patience, practice and surrender.
This treatment was invented by Swami Bipin Gyan and is only taught at Gyan Yog Breath.
During the 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training, you will learn about:
- Body points
- Treatment Structure
- Treatment Practice
- Relationship between emotional accumulation in body and thought pattern
1.2.2018 (BOOKED OUT)
1.3.2018 (2 Seats Left)
1.4.2018 (2 Seats Left)
1.5.2018 (3 Seats Left)
1.6.2018 (3 Seats Left)
1.7.2018 (2 Seats Left)
1.8.2018 (2 Seats Left)
1.9.2018 (4 Seats Left)
1.10.2018 (7 Seats Left)
1.11.2018 (6 Seats Left)
1.12.2018 (8 Seats Left)
1.1.2019 (9 Seats Left)
1.2.2019 (9 Seats Left)
|TIME||Week 1||Week 2||Week 3||Week 40|
|08:00||Hatha Asana||Hatha Asana with Adjustment||Ashtanga with Adustment||Teaching Practise|
|09:30||Breakfast & Tea||Breakfast & Tea||Breakfast & Tea||Breakfast & Tea|
|11:00||Yoga Philosophy||Yoga Philosophy||Yoga Philosophy||Yoga Philosophy|
|Karma Yoga/ Cooking Class||Teaching Methodology|
|14:00||Karma Yoga||Karma Yoga||Karma Yoga||Karma Yoga|
|16:00||Hatha Asana||Hatha Asana with Adjustment||Hatha Asana with Adjustment||Teaching Practise|
|18:00||Emotional Blockage Treatment||Meditation||Meditation||Meditation|
Course Fees & Prices
The regular course fee for our 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training is: 1500USD
You can get a discount on advanced booking!
- Reserve your space 2 months before you start the course & the price will be-USD 1400, For Two students USD 2700
- Reserve your space 3 months before you start the course & the price will be-USD 1350, For two student USD 2600
- Reserve your space 4 months before start the course, Price will be-USD 1300, For Two student USD 2500
The fees include:
- 25 days accommodation
- A shared room with hot water and attached bathroom
- Wifi connection
- 3 meals per day
- Tea and filtered water
- Cleansing process materials
- Two course books
- 2 days of excursions to nearby locations
- One white yoga t-shirt
- One mala
- Yoga Alliance registered certificate
- Taxi pick up from Dehradun Airport
Please note: For a private room, AC or heating we charge 200$ for each extra
The Gyan Yog Breath Ashram is located in Tapovan, Rishikesh.
The building has 20 comfortable single and double rooms with attached bathroom, personal dining/study room and wifi. Some rooms have an attached balcony as well.
During your 200 Hour Yoga TTC with us, you can choose between a single or double room.
We have an elevator and two big yoga halls. On the rooftop, we have a restaurant, terrace and hanging out area with sitting space. The rooftop is decorated with green plants and provides a beautiful 360° mountain view.
We have extra toilets attached to the yoga halls.
On Saturdays, our rooftop hangs out space, turns into a movie theatre. You can watch a movie and at the same time enjoy the sky full of stars.
The Restaurant is also equipped with benches and tables.
During your 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training, you will receive three freshly prepared meals per day.
Breakfast starts at 9:30AM, Lunch at 1:00PM and Dinner at 7:30PM.
For breakfast, we serve seasonal fruits, sweet or salty porridge, Oats, Soy milk, Indian Breakfast, and teas.
Lunch and Dinner consist of changing cooked vegetables, rice, chapati, pulses (dhal), soups and salads. Sometimes we serve also sweets as desert and Western dishes for more variety.
We provide vegetarian meals only.
If you have any allergies or restrictions, please let us know in advance.
Each student’s social behavior is of great importance. Students will be assessed on their behavior which will be considered in their Yoga Teacher Training certificate. Read More
The food offered during our Course is vegetarian and based on a sattvic diet.
The Confirmation Fee must be paid in advance and is non-refundable.
The remaining payment has to be made on arrival.